I am waiting for dinner to be delivered in my hotel room in Albuquerque, NM. As I headed into town this late afternoon, I hit the first rush-hour traffic of my trip. It was not terrible, but I was pleased to realize that I had not been dealing with such mundane things as traffic jams for the past several weeks. Given this is one night of traffic out of 19 days of driving, so far, I decided I would give an update about my trip by the numbers:
- 19 Days on the Road
- 6 More Days to Go
- 1 Traffic Jam
- 0 Tickets, Accidents, Flat Tires & Other Problems
- 4 Terrific Visits with Friends & Family, 1 More Visit to Look Forward to
- 4,179 Miles Traveled Thus Far
- 12 States Driven Through (CA, NV, UT, CO, NE, IA, IL, MO, KS, OK, TX, NM) Thus Far
- 11 Hotels Stayed in Thus Far, but not in eleven different states!
- 8 Stops to Enjoy Nature and at least 2 More to Go
- 2 Days Driving in the Rain
- SOME Animal and Flower Sightings
- LOTS of Bird Sightings
- TONS of Photos Taken!
As the list suggests, I have been having a great time.
I will be home in about a week. Once I have sorted and edited all the many, many photos I have taken I will post about my various stops along the way. Until then, I am off tomorrow to find some Nature to appreciate at either Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge or Cibola National Forest. Maybe both. Then on to visit with a friend in a few days before I head into AZ to stop at the Grand Canyon. Eventually, I will end up back at home.
A PEEK INTO SOME OF MY WANDERINGS
Zion National Park
Lilacs on a Country Road near Julesberg, CO